Comment moderation policy
The comments on this blog are currently moderated by the IIA, we will not publish the following type of comments:
- The whole point of comments is to converse, share experiences and develop the ideas begun in the post. Please keep this in mind when commenting. If you have further information about a specific issue on your own site, please by all means point people in its direction but only if it clarifies a point.
- Obvious Spam gets filtered but I will delete/ mark as spam also the type of comments that add nothing to our blog except a link to your site. That’s not the role of this blog. So a comment along the lines of “This is a great blog! I have bookmarked it for future reference!” makes me think, “I bet you say that to all the bloggers. Bye bye!” and click the Spam button. Not good for your future comments on WordPress sites who by and large use the same Spam filtering plugin as we do.
- Occasionally I will include comments where I am unsure of the motivation of the commenter. They may be adding a valid point but I don’t like the look of their site. I will allow their comment but remove their link. It’s my perogative and this rarely happens.
- I will never publish derogatory comments that insult others or may personally seek to disrepute an individual. Similarly I will not publish comments that are sexist, racist or anyway likely to get the IIA on the wrong side of a lawsuit.
- I will not publish language that is likely to offend just as I will not write it. This is a business blog after all – I expect people to be professional. You can swear all you like on your own blog. You can even swear about the IIA’s comment moderation policy if you like. If your comment is valid otherwise and adds to the discussion I may take the time to edit it or I might email you to consider rephrasing your comment. But I may not.
- If your comment fall fouls of all of the above but you really have something to say, leaving a comment is a way to get my attention and I will respond to you by email. However you could always use the Meebo Chat on the right or email me.